Tuesday, April 20, 2010

And Voila', A Double Rainbow


A rainbow - the sign of a promise and of hope (my theme yesterday, on a beautiful, about 78 degree day, clear skies, wonderful). I posted a rainbow photo, taken a few years back when I was traveling through Yellowstone.

This morning, I walked out of the house to find black clouds and rain. Gone was the lovely weather (unless you love rain as I do). At about 6:20 am, driving through the rain to the morning coffee and on to school, a rainbow and an echo rainbow (a brilliant one and a lighter one) showed up against the dark clouds.
Yes, I was driving, but it was too gorgeous to ignore.

Digging in my bag, I hauled out the camera, and clicked away. Between the rain, the wipers, the other cars (who were cramping my freedom to use both lanes) and buildings, I was quite pleased to get at least one decent, although somewhat blurry, shot.

Just for me. A reminder of a promise and a hope.

And after yesterday's volcano treats, a phone call today, and the boy is on the way. Despite world events. :)
A promise and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!