Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Threat - Can Cats Read?



The experiment - Can cats read?


By Angie Quantrell Angie Quantrell
 
My husband walked into the kitchen with a guilty grin on his face.

"What?"

"Nothing," he smirked.

Seeing I wasn't convinced, he added, "I'm just laughing at your book on CD."

Ok. Weird. But I let it go.

After dinner, I went out to tidy up the patio and harvest strawberries. And then I saw why he was giggly.

On the chalkboard we have mounted to a wall (for the grands, of course), someone had drawn and written a message.

To our neighborhood bully cat, Mr. Mustache, or Stache. From our gray girls, Mabel and Monet.

Can cats read? Do they understand a threat? Is humor lost on them?

It seems my husband thinks so.

Did his threat work?

I'm sorry to say, but no, Stache has still been around spraying on our windows and chasing the girls inside.

To conclude this experiment in cat communication skills, we may assume that:

1. Cats cannot read.
2. Cats don't care if you threaten them.
3. Cats don't get humor.


Stache, boldly making his visit


Or maybe, cats just don't read message boards.

Read more about Stache, the Bully, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!