Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Most Excellent Painting Tool

Freshly painted, with assistance from my kitchen drawer.
by Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell

I just finished repainting our shoe shelf with a fresh coat of clean paint. Now it's ready for storing shoes at the RV. Welcome to our shoe-free zone. Come on in, but plant the shoes right here!

We've used the shoe rack for years and it's been very handy to keep most of the shoes off the ground. But it was ugly. Add paint.

The problem was the paint. Color (secluded garden) was lovely, but as it hadn't been used in years since the Blue Door Table was painted, the ingredients had separated.

So there I stood, mixing with one of those silly wooden sticks they give you at the hardware store. I think it would have taken hours. It would've been faster to drive to Lowe's and ask them to remix it for me - at least a 45 minute round trip.

Hmmm, how could I assist and speed-up this remixing process?

Aha! I needed to sacrifice a kitchen whisk. That should work.

Oh boy! Work it did! I LOVE my new discovery of the most excellent painting tool. I whisked that paint right back into shape. Perfect!

My new favorite painting tool - a whisk!
Maybe you've already had this idea, but for me, it was original. Guess I should check out the rest of the kitchen section before I take on any more painting projects.

What's your favorite painting tool?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!