Friday, July 22, 2016

Rubber Stamping Amidst Chaos

50 card total. I think it's a record low, but they are so pretty!
By Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell

Distracted? Yes. But still productive.

These are the cards I stamped while visiting my college friend and co-stamping nut. I mean hobbyist.

Despite the multiple phone calls, texts, and emails that transpired due to the pending sale of our home, I was able to squeak out a tiny bit of concentration which allowed me to create greeting cards.

It's what we do. This process works best when we are together, as our ideas bloom and feed off of each other. Our stash of rubber stamps, tools, papers, and supplies is doubled when we pool our resources. Life events are discussed, food is enjoyed, and cards are produced.

A win-win situation, even when one is selling a house.

I suppose I should apply this special superhero focusing power (giggle, giggle) to my picture book writing.

Yes. I really must.

Regardless of exterior distractions and influences, I need to be seated in the computer chair and producing manuscripts (or editing or submitting or querying). This shall become increasingly interesting when my office, chair, desk, and computer space becomes that of the RV dinette.

Whatever will the two gray girls do? Cause havoc and sleep on my papers. Without a doubt.

Onward and upward.

"Meow, meow, Mommy! Get writing!" says Monet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!