Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Silverware Drawer


By Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell

I loosely say silverware, though there is probably only 1 or 2 pieces that actually contain silver. Utensil ware is so much less exciting and refined.

This is what happens when one steals the silverware basket to check and see if it fits in the RV drawer. Which it does, but only in one of them. So that drawer is now the official holder of utensils.

Not to get too deep here, but this drawer neatly - I mean chaotically - represents my life at present. Transistion. What that really means is that there are plenty of opportunities for untidiness, cleaning out the cobwebs, decluttering, and paring down life to what is really important.

- Things appear to be a jumbled mess.
- We have to dig around to find what we need. But that leads to . . .
- Glimpses of treasured items and favorite memories.
- Everything feels topsy turvy.
- So many pieces, but they can't all go with me. Sorting becomes necessary.
- I want to get cracking and put it all back in order.
- But I don't have time. Yet.
- The search and rescue approach to gathering dining necessities is in force.

My life looks like my silverware drawer. But that's just outside appearances. All is well, and in time, all will be sorted.

In the meantime, why not enjoy the adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!