Monday, January 7, 2013

10 Little Snowmen


Ten Little Snowmen



Here is a fun activity for winter play.

Materials: 10 little snowmen (Christmas clearance gave me the perfect price; mine were originally little snowman ornaments - I just clipped off the string loop for hanging), a wooden sled (again, Christmas clearance, which I painted red), and the 10 Little Snowmen poem

We lined the snowmen up on the sled and then read the poem together, acting out the actions. Great fun for counting backwards from 10. Easily recognizable sing song chant (similar to the 5 Little Monkeys).

I've had this poem in my file FOREVER. It does not have an author listed - and I did not write it. So thank you, anonymous, for giving us this winter activity!


Ten Little Snowmen

Ten little snowmen riding on my sled
One rolled off, and bumped his head.
I called Frosty, and Frosty said,
"No more snowmen riding on my sled!"

Nine...
Eight...(and so on)

No more snowmen riding on my sled.
I jumped on and counted them instead.
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!

(Add actions as the snowmen roll off the sled, such as rolling hands, tapping head, mime phoning, and jumping in place for the snowman count.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!