Saturday, May 3, 2014

Roasted Red Pepper Ragout?


Saw this easy and excellent recipe in the current issue of Martha (May, 2014).

But there must be something wrong with me. I CANNOT just follow a recipe. Seriously. I am always adding, guessing, tweaking. So what she had planned for easy dinner, I totally changed. Ok, a few items were the same.

Suggested items that I actually used (but my own measurements of everything - estimations really):

~ white beans, roasted red peppers, chicken broth, olive oil, crushed red peppers, garlic, polenta

What I made was actually not even close to the original recipe. Forget the ragout. It was a thick soup spooned on top of polenta. Served with a side of roasted asparagus.

What I added:
~ cannellini beans (rinsed); the entire jar of rinsed, diced red peppers; 2 diced carrots; a diced onion; 6 cups of chicken broth for the soup (no ragout for me) and 2 more for the polenta; chopped cabbage; 4 stalks of kale, stem removed and chopped; 1 can of diced tomatoes (not rinsed) and hominy (rinsed); fresh parsley; fire roasted green chillies; about 2 cups of turkey; a splash of Mrs. Dash; fresh ground black pepper; some cayenne; a bit of cumin and oregano

This was a very delicious NOT RAGOUT recipe. :)

Just wished I had low sodium broth as the recipe suggested. And celery.

And for once, that I could follow a recipe as written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!