Sunday, October 26, 2014

Green Cherry Tomatoes - Delish!

Green cherry tomato added to a stir fry with onions, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower

True to my second generation from the Depression years, I cannot stand for anything to go to waste. Now that you mention it, that could also be a cause for my battle with the bulge. But that is a different story.

About 15 hard, green cherry tomatoes remained on the vine. With fall here and the first freeze due tonight, there is no chance that they will ripen.

So I halved the larger tomatoes, left the smaller ones whole, and dumped them in with my veggie stir fry that I made to go with our baked red potatoes and cajun salmon.

Not only was my waste-not-want-not ethic appeased, the garden was once again a part of our meal. Perhaps the last time this growing season, but still. Those little orbs of sautéed goodness were delightful.

Wish I had though of it earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!