Monday, June 6, 2016

Come, Have Tea with Me!

The inside of one of the barracks at Fort Simcoe
by Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell

Do weekends go faster and seem busier than the rest of the week, or is it just me?

Pull up a cup of your favorite tea and let's chat. I am drinking PG Tips with a tiny swirl of honey in the bottom. If I really wanted to be reminded of my visits to England, I would add a dash of milk and use raw sugar instead. Delish!

Here's what I'd share with you about my weekend:

On Friday, I went grocery shopping. This is only worth mentioning because of the crowds! It was insane. But I did have my pint-sized helper, Miss Khloe. She assisted me as we grazed our way through Costco.
Nana with her 5 grands, from 5 weeks to 7 years-old.
The Quantrells took Fort Simcoe by storm on Saturday for a birthday plus a birthday plus a graduation picnic day. It was very nice, but it turned into a HOT day as the temps kept rising. We were done by 1, back in the cars, and on the road seeking AC. We enjoyed hanging out together. Nana especially loved having the grands in one spot, though it only lasted for 5 minutes. And then they were off and running.

Saturday was a free National Park Day, so we wanted to take advantage of the special day by visiting Fort Simcoe. You can read more about Fort Simcoe here.

We saw:
- a passel of squirrels, rolling and tumbling all over each other
- no snakes (Amen)
- no bears (double-Amen)
- cows (yes, cows - and plenty of cow-pies, ick!)
- old buildings
- 2 springs
- canons
- a tiny museum
- a parade of Model T's that also traveled out to Fort Simcoe for a picnic
- a park worker in a golf cart chasing away the poopy-cows who wanted to graze (and poop) on park grounds
- the location of my son and daugther-in-laws' wedding

On Sunday, we continued our celebration of graduates at church with a relaxed gathering where we viewed photos, chatted, and shared cake.

Our beautiful graduates!
My honey and I went on a lunch date. This was followed by relaxing in a cool theater and watching a movie. We migrated home, dodging the heat, and stayed inside and under shade. Temps were in the triple digits, so there was no working outside or going for a walk. Nope.

Back-to-work Monday has arrived. Triple digit temps are in the works as I type. I think I hear the beach calling me, if only it weren't 5 hours away.

Thanks for stopping by. I've so much enjoyed tea with you.

Lavender from my garden and a tea cup we received as a wedding gift (31 years ago)
What did you do during the weekend? I'll make another cup and you can tell me about your weekend.

5 comments:

  1. There was some jasmine tea drank in between gardening and mosaicing. I quit doing mosaic a few years ago but I've been cleaning out the garage recently and found some projects that yet need to be grouted and also found some pavers I bought to use as stepping stone so I listed to Eoin Colfer's "Screwed" (quirky and funny) while I glued stuff to the stepping stones. Mindless but sometimes mindless is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I replied to you in the wrong spot! I love the fragrance and taste of jasmine tea! I think I need to find some. I also love mosaic art, but haven't been able to accomplish any. Do share some photos! :) I hope it is cooler up there than here!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love to smell and sip jasmine tea! I love the look of mosaic work, but have never been able to accomplish it. You should share some pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fort Simcoe! Looked at your top photo and thought to myself, Self, that looks like the inside of the barracks at Ft. Simcoe. Then I read your blog, and the caption ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we love going out to Fort Simcoe. A very long drive, but so peaceful and far from noise. We often take the motorcycle out and that is our stretching spot. I dream about living in one of the houses. With electricty and plumbing of course. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for reading this blog!