Monday, June 27, 2016

I Work at Home ~ Encouragement from a 7 Year-Old

 
Comments from the peanut gallery...

by Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell

I work at home.

I'm sure some people think I just goof off, sip coffee, play in the backyard, eat bon bons, and read great books.

It's true. I do those things. Occasionally. Or maybe even almost daily.

But I also work. At home.

Last week, my grands and great-niece and their adult caregivers (mom and Nama) hit the road to visit Owen Beach at Pt. Defiance Park near Tacoma, Washington. As the road trip one-way was about 3 hours, there was plenty of time to talk. This conversation came from the way-back seat of our van.

Nama: Audrey, are you talking to grandma (via Face-Time)?
Audrey: Yes.
Nama: Is she at work?
Audrey: No, she doesn't work. She just goes in her office.
Hayden: (Looking incredulously at Audrey) Nana does that! She works in her office. (Now looking at me) Nana, you write books in your office!

Long-distance-front-seat-to-backseat high five!

Yes! He gets it. I am working in my office. I do have a job. I don't make much money right now, giving credence to the term "poor starving author," but I am working.

This writer felt very pleased and encouraged by the voice and total belief in the voice of a 7 year-old boy. He believes in me.

Who encourages and believes in you and your life's work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!