Saturday, December 31, 2011

Too Anxious to Paint


My husband may soon ban my trips to the home improvement store. He may also write some strong suggestive messages to those companies that now sell sample sized paint containers - all mixed in the numerous colors his wife has chosen to consider.

Really, it's his fault. He gave me a gift card to Lowe's. What else does he expect? I only went in for the brilliant blue I want to use to paint the backs of the kitchen shelves. I ended up with two more color samples and several color cards of almost for sure color swatches for the rest of the house. Hmmm. I cannot wait to paint!

When I was thinking about what I wanted to commit to for 2012, I told myself, I want to paint more. Now, in my head I was thinking of watercolor painting, which I adore. As I gaze at the several random paint samples displayed on walls throughout the house (in actual paint, non-removable paint), I realized that I may also mean painting on my walls...

It is only December 31. The earliest I can conceivably paint is spring break. That's in April. I think we will have to continue to gaze upon my color swatches for quite a while. We can't even pass it off as artistic. I've chosen to paint the same colors in different locations to see how the light hits it at throughout the day.

Cela vie! These new colors will make my home a rainbow of hues until painting day arrives. Maybe no one will notice?

Until then, I think I need a sample for the ceiling color, a non-traditional (for me) creamy off-white. While I'm there, I need to check on colors for the family room...Just don't tell anyone where I've gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!