Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Dish for Garfield?

Maybe he would like it. My vegetarian veggie lasagna. But I doubt it! Too many veggies and no red meat.

Not bad, we decided. Since I rarely make homemade lasagna, preferring the ease of going to Costco and buying frozen ready to go, I was pleased with the results. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've only made lasagna from scratch 2 times. MAYBE 3, tops. That goes for our entire 27 (on June 22) years of marriage. Good thing the man isn't big into pasta dishes!

My Version of Vegetarian Lasagna
Oven: 350

Angie's Spaghetti Salsa (recipe posted elsewhere on this blog)
Cooked whole wheat lasagna noodles (BTW, you DO NOT need the entire box - have half a box in the fridge to prove that one)
Fresh washed spinach, torn into bite size pieces
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
cottage cheese
black olives, cut in half
grated Parmesan cheese

Layer in the following order: noodles, zucchini, squash, spinach, spaghetti sauce, olives, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese. Repeat with all ingredients one more time. On top, put a cover of noodles, more marinara sauce, cottage cheese (I mixed it a little), and then a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese over it all. I spiced ours up with crushed peppers on the very top.

Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until very bubbly. Let set for 10 minutes. Serve with a side salad.

Very yummy!

Note: I didn't put specific amounts because I don't know what size of pan you have! Or maybe you want to add sliced mushrooms, which would be good, or other veggies. Or you love mozzaroti cheese (as my dad calls it). Layer in the stuff so that it fits your pan. Maybe you will have enough to make two pans and freeze one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!