Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"Meats' not on the menu, boys."

I can't help it. Sometimes I must sneak in movie quotes. The MIS-quote above is from The Lord of the Rings, one of my favorite book series and movies. The actual quote is, "Meats' back on the menu, boys." The entire scene is pretty unappetizing...

On to better things. No meat. When a day off is enjoyed, lunch becomes much more than leftovers warmed in the microwave or a pb & j sandwich.

Today, lunch was cooked in my panini grill. Recently purchased after a neck and neck bidding war at the H.C.C.S. annual auction. Yes, a sandwich. But contents are everything.

Dijon mustard, thinly sliced red onion, jalapeno slices, zucchini slices, fresh ground black pepper, Smart Balance butter spread on the outside, and fresh spring lettuce from my garden (as long as the leaves are not touching the grill, the lettuce gets wilted, but tastes great). It only gets better into the produce section of the menu as summer unfolds in the garden.

Dessert was freshly picked strawberries.


(garden strawberries resting in the berry colander I made in a pottery class)

Grow, garden, grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!