Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Oddest Thing


Due to the aforementioned finch invasion, last summer's crop of sunflower seeds were sprung far and wide. I did not plant any at all this year. I just seriously ripped out hundreds where I did not want sunflowers. Sorry birdies!

What is interesting is where several plants survived! Of course, they are thick as thieves where they were planted last year. Alas, none of the deep burgundy ones...

This one particularly is cool. It sprang up in the hole of an old brick. "Ok," I said. "Let's see how this turns out."


I still don't know how it will be, say, in October, but for now, it
is tight as a lug nut in the center of the brick hole and the roots are shoving the brick out of it's place and up off the ground. What's next?


I hope the brick doesn't break. But that's a chance I'm willing to take.

All in the name of experiments. I love garden experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!