Monday, November 30, 2015

Living in the Candle Drawer


If I could live anywhere in my house, it would be in the candle drawer.

Of course I would have to be much smaller. And install a bathroom, kitchen, and electricity. One living in the candle drawer would need tiny lights to read all of those mini books. A cozy chair and bed would be nice.

Oh, and while we are at it, how about a miniature fireplace and snuggly kitty?

You may be wondering why, of all things, would I want to live in the candle drawer? And what in the world is a candle drawer anyway?

In this house, the candle drawer is in the hall cupboard. It holds a horrible mess of mismatched candle holders, Christmas tree wires (why? - too tangled to clear them out), rocks, tealights, scented candle wax for burners, and interesting containers and knickknacks.

But why?

The smell. Every time I open that drawer to get a tealight or extra scented wax, I am greeted by the best fragrance in the world. A combination of pine, lavender, pumpkin spice, mulberry, and other scents rush out, wrapping smokey fingers of delight around my head and nose.

I want to live in that drawer.

I'll clean out a corner and set up my studio apartment. I'll decorate it with handcrafted quilts, watercolor paintings, fluffy pillows, and shimmering candles. That's me, good to go.

Just remember to check on me once in a while. I may need food, coffee, cat food, or more books.

I'll be as happy as a lark on a spring day in May.

Do come visit.


If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!