Friday, April 22, 2016

Happy Earth Day!

Blossoms in the spring
By Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell

Happy Earth Day, Earth!

What a wonderful world we live in - beautiful, fascinating, safe, peaceful, dangerous, harsh, mysterious, vast, surprising, and awe-inspiring.

I'm glad I live here.

In honor of Earth Day, I think it appropriate to give a gift.

So I will do something good for the Earth today. Maybe several somethings.

My gifts shall be:

- picking up any trash I see
- making sure I water only what needs water, not the sidewalk, gutter, or driveway
- turning off electrical devices I am not actually using
- planting something pretty (or tasty)
- giving thanks to God for such an amazing place to live

Tulips opened to catch the sun

Earth Day Haiku
 
Earth home, designed gift
fashioned by God's mighty hand
habitat for us


Fruit trees in bloom
What will your gift be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!