Friday, April 8, 2016

National Garden Week - The 2nd Week in April


You have no idea how happy I am to see this many blooms on the blueberry bush! The weight of winter snow broke off at least half of the plant.
By Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell
 
Next week is National Garden Week -
the 2nd week of April.
Fading beauty. I'm so sad to see my tulip season conclude.
I am so onboard for this celebration. It's time to plant my garden!

The strawberries are looking future-tasty.
Actually, I cheated. I've already started to plant seeds, since we are expecting highs in the mid to upper 80's today, it may be past time for new sprouts. But I think that is a freak of too-hot-too-early weather and it should drop back to the 60-70's.

Half planted beds. Waiting for seeds.
Here are some National Garden Week photos from my yard.

Garlic, parsley, and sage - all repeat visitors from last year. Plus a cat tail of one who wanted to be featured.
Oh, each new bud, flower, and sprout is so exciting.

We even planted a tree trunk for the cats to scratch and climb. It won't grow...but it is part of our garden.
I'm already dreaming about tasty blueberries, sweet-tart strawberries, exquisite raspberries, and savory herbs and vegetables.
 
Dabbling to pretty-up a very hot corner of the yard.
 
Join me. Let's celebrate our gardens.

The dogwood is just beginning to burst into bloom.
 
I would love to see photos of your garden.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!