Monday, April 4, 2016

My Martha/HGTV Moment - Tulips in a Wagon

Happy tulips hanging out in an old beat up red wagon.
By Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell

Normally, this floral objet d'art would not occur in my yard. Once the bulbs are nestled in, that's where they stay.

But due to the removal of giant, old, space and light-hogging arborvitae, the tulips had to be moved to save their pretty little lives.
Zoomin' in on brilliant color.
Aha! (Insert light bulb hanging over my head.) I will put them in a wagon, just until after they bloom. And then we shall find a new bed for them.

Success! Even with my careful removal, accidents happened. But those sturdy beauties just hung in there and are now blooming like crazy!

I love spring. Tulip season is my favorite season in the yard.

I think I will plant kale next in the wagon. Do you think the aphids will find it there? At least the slugs/snails will have to work harder.

No bumping up and down in my little red wagon for these pretty spring tulips.
What kind of container gardens do you have in your yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!