Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chickpea Salad

Oh, I can feel it! Summer and fresh garden produce is coming. I had to make this cold salad to marinate for dinner tonight.


Chickpea Salad

1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 small red onion, diced
1 small zucchini, cut into bite size chunks
3 green onions, sliced, including greens
1 red pepper (minus 3 slices for the cook to nibble), diced
3 inner celery stalks, sliced
1 T. of fresh oregano, thinly sliced (I am pleased that my oregano survived the winter and is already close to
blooming!)
juice of 1 small lemon
4-5 T. olive oil
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Prepare all veggies and mix with beans. Add oregano, juice, oil, and salt and pepper. Mix well to coat all ingredients. Taste a bite to make sure you don't want anything else added (I KNOW I will add more produce from my garden when it is harvest time). Cover and chill.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!