Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Monkey


I remember the book as plain as day.

My Little Monkey. I think I still have it hiding around the house or at school. It's the one I read to my daughter when she was a toddler. BECAUSE she was my little monkey. She climbed everything and got into everything and terrorized her brother over everything.

Haha. Paybacks. She now has her own little monkey.

For instance, just two days ago, our newest member of the monkey family took advantage of an empty high chair. Papa was standing less than 1 foot away. And suddenly there she was, standing ON TOP of the high chair seat. After scaling up the outside bars and crawling over the top arm rest!

(Notice the monkeys' chair on the table, a place where we can safely lock her in for a meal!)

What are we to do? We can't take our eyes off of this little monkey, not even for a second.

What goes around, comes around, mommy - daughter of mine.

Sometimes you just have to smile. And then move really fast to rescue the monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!