Friday, July 24, 2015

Egged Fried Zucchini Recipe


It's THAT time of the garden season.

Zucchini and yellow squash are growing rampant amongst my other poor crowded plants in the garden beds. Beyond rampant. I was gone for one week. ONE. I came back to 16 overlarge zucchini and yellow squash. I've barely made a dent in the amount (though most have been grated and frozen in 3 cup amounts for future zucchini bread).

Today I found 7 more fat specimens. When is that "National Give Your Neighbors Zucchini Day?"

Here is a simple recipe I love to use to help absorb the plethora of squash.

Egged Fried Zucchini


Ingredients:


~ washed and sliced (about 1/4" thick) zucchini or yellow squash
~ eggs, whisked until broken apart; 1-2 depending on how many zucchini you are preparing
~ cayenne pepper, just a good sprinkle
~ olive oil

To prepare:

1. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.

2. Whisk eggs and cayenne in a flat bottomed pan. I love to use my cake layer pan. It's perfect.

3. Coat zucchini slices in egg mixture and put in hot pan. Let cook without turning at least 2 minutes so the egg batter stays on. Carefully flip to the other side and cook until browned.

4. Place cooked zucchini slices on paper towels to absorb extra oil and moisture.

5. Eat while hot. This is the easiest step, as they are so tasty you won't be able to stop yourself. But beware of burned fingers and tongues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!