Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tasty Chicken, Kale, & Apple Sandwich Recipe


Meet our new favorite sandwich, the Toasted Chicken, Kale, and Apple Sandwich.

It's so easy to make. My favorite part is how leftover chicken is put to good use. I also love to crowd as many veggies as I can get onto a sandwich (or into any dish I make). That's good eatin', Clark!



Toasted Chicken, Kale, & Apple Sandwich

Ingredients:

~ very good bread
~ cream cheese
~ pepper jack cheese
~ apple
~ shredded chicken
~ red onion
~ kale
~ black pepper


For each sandwich:

1. Toast 2 slices of very good bread. The more whole grains, nuts, and seeds, the better.

2. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on one side.

3. Add slice(s) of pepper jack to the other side.

4. Thinly slice your favorite apple. Add slices to pepper jack side.

5. Add leftover shredded chicken.

6. Add thinly sliced red onion and torn kale.

7. Pepper the cream cheese side and close the sandwich.

8. Cut in half and try to eat without all the goodies falling out! (I failed miserably at this, but it was so good, even if I had to pick pieces off of my plate to finish the rest of the sandwich.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!