Monday, March 23, 2015
Stuffed Poblano Peppers - Recipe
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Oven: 440 degrees
3 large poblano peppers, cut in half and cleaned
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
@ 2 cups chicken broth
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, diced
3/4 cup small cauliflower florets
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. crushed red peppers
1/2 tsp. each garlic and onion powder
1 tsp. chili powder
shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cover a baking dish with parchment paper or spray with olive oil and preheat oven.
2. Place peppers in dish.
3. Add a small amount of olive oil to a saute pan. Saute onions, garlic, and celery until softened. Add remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese. Stir well and let simmer and cook down until most of broth is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat. Stuff each pepper half with mix.
5. Bake about 45 minutes or until peppers are soft and piping hot.
6. Top with parmesan cheese and let melt. Serve immediately.
Angie Quantrell makes up most of her recipes when she needs to use what is in the refrigerator, which results in some good and other not so good meals. She loves spicy foods, though experts say to avoid spices to curtail hot flashes. Bring on the napkins and pass the spice, please!