Sunday, December 21, 2014
Corn/Rice/Wheat Square Cereal Snack Mix - The Spicy Version from Moi
Did you get the code? I could use the four-letter-word that spells the brand name of this breakfast cereal, but there are many manufacturers that make the same thing. So why worry about a specific label? Just use the square cereal with the grid work pattern in the grain of your choice. Add that to my version of the spicy snack mix. Prepare to eat too much.
Square Cereal Spicy Snack Mix
1 stick of butter
3 T. worcestershire sauce
1 T. parsley
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne
2 tsp. seasoning salt
1 cup peanuts (shelled)
1 cup pretzels
8 cups your choice square cereal with the grid work (wheat, corn, rice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter. Add all spices and stir well.
3. Put nuts, pretzels, and cereal in a large metal bowl. Mix with hands. Pour half of butter mix on cereal. Mix well (but gently). Add remainder of butter mix and stir well.
4. Pour snack mix on jelly roll pan.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes. Check every 5 minutes. Stir at 10 minutes.
6. Let cool. Store in airtight container. I have no idea how long it lasts. My husband eats it all in about 3 days.
Put a little spice in your holiday! Enjoy.