Monday, December 1, 2014

Time to Trim the French Christmas Tree?


"Nana, look at this, look at this!" called a very enthusiastic grandbaby.

Me? I was like, "Yes, I see the Christmas trees. Aren't they pretty?"

"Nana, come see! Come see!" repeated the insistent child.

Nana thought that perhaps the girl was in love with any number of trees. But once I arrived, it was a French tree she saw for me. That girl identified with my love of France, having seen the numerous Eiffel Towers on display throughout our home and car. Yes, car. And now she found the perfect tree for me.

Et voila! La Tour Eiffel Arbre de Noel.

The French Christmas tree of Eiffel the Tower. All arranged most beautifully with glitter, glam, and sparkle. And it could be mine for a certain sum.

I jest. But I was sincerely touched that my grandchildren (Big Brother was in on it as well) made the connection of something important to Nana and a beautiful object found in the store. I think they both would have loved buying it for me. Come to think of it, I would love to buy it for myself.

Maybe this Nana needs to get one of those French Christmas trees. Or at least plan a Christmas tree theme for all things French.

But that is a big project. Maybe next year.

For now, my little helpers and I will focus on the fake tree (sentimental ornaments), the cat tree (cat ornaments), and the Starbucks tree (coffee ornaments).

Merry Christmas.


P.S. It wasn't that long ago that a certain nephew was wondering about the French castles hanging from my rear view mirror. Those castles are also called La Tour Eiffel (s). But from a little guy who spent time growing up in England, the land of castles, he named it just right based on his experience. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!