Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Month of Thanks - November 19 - Mission Friends (aka Preschoolers)

The well-loved (talking) piano

Today, November 19, I am thankful for Mission Friends (also known as preschoolers).

I can't help it. They are so cute, inquisitive, hysterically funny, naughty, inventive, playful . . .

Take my Khloe, for instance. Yesterday we were rearranging the living room to make room for the Christmas tree. She wanted to move the kid piano over to the fireplace. This is the piano that has been loved and ecstatically used by generations of my family.

I told her it would be better to leave it where it was (in my mind, the play section of the living room). She disagreed.

(Insert squeaky piano voice) "No, I want to move over there," said Khloe, speaking for the piano.

Khloe is three. I busted up laughing. She felt quite pleased with herself.

Khloe is not the only preschooler that draws and keeps my attention. They all do. I can't help it. I love preschoolers. They bring out the best and the worst in adults, depending on what type of day they are having. They remind us of the innocence and child-like faith of being young. They love with abandon and absolutely mimic those around them (a lesson and a warning for us, right?). Energy and fun rule their days.

I am thankful for Mission Friends
, preschoolers that exhibit all of the above, and want to learn about people from other cultures and parts of the world. And Mission Friends love those people. And the workers that go all over the world to love. Mission Friends exhibit that love as they learn and experience. They pray. They share. They give.j

What is not to love and be thankful for when I consider these little children?

Mission Friends Leader Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!