Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Month of Thanks - November 8 - A Home


I am thankful to have a home.

Notice that I added a photo with snow. I adore snow. On my home.

I am blessed. I could be like the homeless I see walking around town. Homeless. Or I could be living in a country that uses dung as a major ingredient for home building. Or I could live inside a portable tent. Or I could have to live in a hotel (which is fun on vacation, but permanently?). I could be a refugee in a camp, with thousands of others in the same situation. I could be from a war-torn country and have no home at all except a pile of rubble. I could be remembering my home that was destroyed by natural disasters.

The Lord has blessed me. We have a warm, comfortable, safe home that includes running water, toilets, and electricity. And I have a home with people. People are what make a home, well, home.

I am thankful.


"Home is the nicest word there is."
- Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!