Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Month of Thanks - November 20 - 52 Years


Oh, yes, Happy Birthday to me!

It's not that I am bragging about me and begging for special day wishes. Though I do appreciate each and every kind word. Really, I do.

I am bragging about God and all of the blessings He has given to me over 52 years of life. It's really Happy Birthday to God, the provider of years and the One in charge of the calendar and timeline.

Today, November 20, I am thankful for 52 years of life.

At almost midnight, 52 years ago, my mommy gave birth to her first little baby girl. Since then, she has loved and cared for me. Include my daddy. He didn't give birth to me, for which I am sure he is eternally grateful, but he has always loved and cared and provided for me. My parents have given me the best that they possibly could.

Back to how MANY years of life I have been given. Many, many years.

But am I in control of how many years of life I have? No. Do I choose the blessings I receive, the parents I have, the family I love, the body I try to care for? No.

I am but a recipient for those things. He is the Great Provider. This time of the year is when we think and remember best to give thanks. And thanks is due.

I am thankful for what the Lord has given to and done for me in these 52 years of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!