Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Month of Thanks - November 29 - Lotions & Creams

Snow fall from last winter

I don't know about you, but my hands are already suffering the winter time blues.

Cracks. Chips. Bleeding. Alligator patterns. Hangnails. Flaky. Scaly. DRY.

Today, November 29, I am thankful for lotions and creams!

Some nights, I have to wear bandages and Bag Balm on the cracks near the tips of my fingers. Lotions and creams are being put on constantly. I'm even considering digging out my hot wax tub and giving my hands (and the hands of my honey) some special treatment tonight.

Or we will not survive the winter!

Cold, dry weather. Lots of hand washing. What else? Summer does not seem to be as big of an issue when it comes to dry skin.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE WINTER.

I'm just having problems with extremely dry skin on my hands. At my last appointment with the dermatologist, I asked what type of lotion and sunscreen I should use.

"Whatever you WILL use," he replied.

Here's to whatever I will use.

Come on, Winter Warlock, blow us some winter snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog!